Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
Rajasthan evokes images of erstwhile royalty, a history steeped in princely living and legends. Here one is transported back in time to relive Rajput history. The romance of Rajasthan comes alive at Rambagh Palace
A destination palace resort spread over 47 acres of tranquil, landscaped gardens, Rambagh Palace is Jaipur’s foremost Royal Palace residence. Located close to the walled ‘Pink City’, spectacular forts, and all the unique shopping bazaars of Jaipur, the Palace unveils the rich culture and history of the erstwhile rulers of Rajasthan.
Rambagh Palace is a living legend in Jaipur. A palace veiled in the mists of time to narrate an interesting story. Built in 1835 on a modest scale for the queen’s favourite handmaiden Kesar Badaran, and later refurbished as a royal guesthouse and hunting lodge, the mansion was renamed Rambagh, after the then reining Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh II. His grandson, prince Sawai Man Singh II, was brought here on his accession in 1921. In those years princely living entailed having a school for the prince within the premises, so a private school was set up for a few chosen sons of aristocracy, to escape the confines of the city palace.
Sawai Man Singh II later went to England to finish his studies. While in England he often dreamt of making Rambagh his official residence and palace. On his return he began actualizing his dream by converting Rambagh into the magnificent palace it is today, with neat manicured gardens, drawing inspiration from Mughal and Rajasthani styles of architecture. In 1925, Rambagh Palace became the permanent residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur.
Rambagh remained the home of Rajasthan’s Royalty until 1957, when it was first converted into a luxury hotel run by the royal family.In 1972, the palace’s management was handed over to Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
Over the years Rambagh has played gracious host to several illustrious guests, royalty and celebrities such as Lord Louis Mountbatten, who has a suite named after him, Prince Charles, Jacqueline Kennedy and several others Continuing in the tradition of the Rajputana hospitality Rambagh Place offers a Royal Experience, which is truly unique.
At Rambagh Palace, each wall, each room, each corridor and garden has a story to tell.
Rambagh Palace is 11 Km from the airport and 6 Km from the railway station, with good air and surface links. Palace Experience:
Palace Service Butlers at the Rambagh Palace are trained as knowledgeable hosts, taking care of royalty.
One can cherish the Historical walk of the palace to learn more about the glorious past of the place and the royalty which has ruled the pink city and this beautiful palace and relive the moments of past as the story is narrated of the Palace in true royal sense while sipping in Sparkling wine in the end.
Regal “Baggi” or horse carriage ride of the palace takes you down the royal lanes
For Sports and fitness enthusiasts, the palace offers a heritage indoor and contemporary out-door swimming pool, table tennis in the Palace premises, fitness centre, a jogging track, golf at the adjoining 18 hole golf course and the royal sport of Polo specially organised for guests on request.
Jaipur appeals to guests looking for a cultural retreat base, rich in ancient history. Nearby attractions include the myriad windowed Hawa Mahal, overlooking the bustling street market. Gems and jewellery, crafts and textiles, including the famous Jaipur blue pottery invite for an extravagant purchase. Fascinating forts, temples and museums in close vicinity, can be discovered during day trips.
Many guests visit Rambagh Palace simply to relax, to enjoy the unhurried lifestyle of Indian royalty. After a hard day’s journey and tour in the city, the stress reliever to every traveler’s delight is an ode to his sleep that we at the palace help in inducing by our repose experience that offers sleep infusers such as the tranquility pillow menu.
Since the palace first opened its doors to the outside world, the palace has played host to writers and artists, aristocracy and royalty.
Rambagh Palace offers 79 rooms including aesthetically restored suites, which were the chambers of the former Maharaja. Use of rich fabrics and silk drapes draw from the colourful art and warm hues of the state of Rajasthan.
Palace Rooms A retreat for the senses, rich in terms of textures and colors, each Palace room has been redesigned for comfort. A four-poster bed, walk-in wardrobes, and a spacious bathroom cocoon guests into the palatial experience. Every room is equipped with large plasma TVs’ in-room safe, tea/coffee maker and minibar.
Historical Suites The historical suites present a welcoming ambience with marble floors, exquisite Rajasthani artwork and sheer fabrics, which enable crisp sunlight to enhance the beauty of each room. A four poster bed, a sitting area overlooking gardens, a walk in wardrobe and a spacious bathroom make these suites ideal for the discerning leisure traveler. A Personal Butler is on call throughout the stay, to help design shopping itineraries or excursions into the city.
Royal Suites Some of these suites have been the personal chambers of the Maharaja of Jaipur. The beautiful architecture and opulent décor with embellishes such as Rajasthani motif, delicate mirror- and- stone work, intricately carved pillars with marbles inlay, rich silks and tall draped curtains create a magical experience. Includes all the guest amenities from above.
Grand Royal Suites
1. Prince’s Suite The Prince’s Suite the former chamber of Prince Jagat Singh, son of Maharani Gayatri Devi Suite is contemporary in its design.It offers a spacious drawing room, a private jacuzzi in the bathroom and a large lounge overlooking the historic gardens, extending on to a private terrace. Large windows, exotic fabrics, drapes & brocades, special hand crafted art fills ones senses with charm, opulence and excess.
2. Maharani Suite Maharani suite is dedicated to the Maharanis of Jaipur Royal family: Late His Highness Sawai Man Singh II’s first wife Maharani Marudhar Kanwar, sister of Maharaja Sumer Singh of Jodhpur, Maharani Kishore Kanwar, niece of his first wife and daughter of Maharaja Sumer Singh and Maharani Gayatri Devi who belonged to Cooch Behar. Character of the suite is typically Oriental wherein a grand arched door leads to the entrance vestibule with patterned marble floor, traditional Jaipur “araish” work on walls and antique brass pendant lights. A beautiful Mughal miniature painting of peacocks adorns the wall. The vestibule leads to the sitting room wherein huge arched windows overlooking private gardens fill the space with diffused north light, making it a welcome place to sit anytime of the day. Apart from other beautifully crafted furniture, the sitting room features a coconut shell border and gilded metal floor screen. The bed room in traditional golds and reds is striking with a warm Mahogany crotch dado on the walls and hand painted traditional Jaipur bootis/motifs. Huge oval Venetian mirrors add to the charm. The bedroom also features a stunning screen in a mix of wood and gold chinoiserie work. Toilet is an awe inspiring space with high ceilings and walls clad with marble, framing panels of lead work glass in a Mughal jali pattern. Huge Venetian mirror behind the vanity counter, copper gilded and mirror work ceiling & coves and intricately carved vanity counter add to the luxurious feel of the space. The walk in wardrobe is adorned with ornate cast brass and wood sliding doors. Finest of Indian silks with hand embroidered details have been used for soft furnishings. An ornate Mughal carpet with a lattice and flower pattern spans the floor of the bed room while a fine Persian throw rug adds to the luxurious feel of the sitting room. Chandeliers and lamps feature hand crafted wrought iron frames, amber crystals and embroidered Shantung silk shades. Powder room is a feature space with inlaid marble floor and dado, carrot red coloured lime finish on walls topped with a hand painted peacock in silver. The space also features a blooming lotus shaped wash basin in tumbled bronze with a back drop of hand crafted jharokha inspired silver bordered mirror.
3. Rajmata Gayatri Devi Suite Themed on the life of Late Rajmata Gayatri Devi, the suite has a soft feminine feel to it and showcases her liking of the Old world European style décor, which, embodies an aura of elegance, romance & style, all hallmarks of the great lady. Walls of the bed room are adorned with alternating solid yellow and gold damask wall coverings interspersed with gilded hand carved acanthus leaf panels. Colour scheme of the bed room is an explosion of red amidst shades of yellows and gold. Bed room features a uniquely styled bed with a wraparound head board with a beautiful serpentine carving in the centre which provides a striking contrast to the luxurious tufted silk that surrounds it. The suite is full of stunning furniture pieces including a floor screen adorned with antique gold leaf work on a carved crackle base and a wrought iron girandole. Walk in wardrobe features leather clad sliding doors with hand nailed patterns. Lamps and chandeliers are exquisite hand crafted wrought iron pieces with delicately painted shades of mica, which cast a warm and welcome glow. The floor is spanned by a plush carpet inspired by old Savonnerie French carpets. Artwork showcases her life and includes portraits and old photographs. The sitting room is adorned by teak wood paneled walls culminating in a gilded cornice. The warmth of the sitting room is further enhanced by a stone and wood fire place. Furniture is inspired by various European styles and includes a Regency tray top coffee table on a turned spider leg cross base and a Louis XV bureau plat desk with a serpentine top, cabriole legs & gold accents. The original oval shaped bathroom has been restored to its erstwhile glory and features finest quality pristine white marble slabs from Makrana, Lion head feature spout in the tub, French shell design single piece marble support for vanity counter and Italian handmade gold and ivory mosaic tiles in the shower.
Grand Presidential Suites
1. Suryavanshi Suite The suite’s high ceilings and exquisite chandeliers complement the green Udaipur stone arches and rich period furniture. Arched French windows opens out onto the resplendent Mughal gardens, the magnificent Nahargarh Fort and the breathtaking Aravali hills transporting the guest into the princely era. Many international celebrities and heads of state have had memorable experiences during their stay in this suite.
2. Sukh Niwas The suite is a testimony to fusion décor of contemporary design with royal flourishes. Arched stone work, rich textured drapes and fabrics, crystal chandeliers, gold leaf frescoes, opulent furniture and embellishments creates an ambiance of sheer luxury and decadence. Large windows open to the picturesque royal gardens, and the spectacular Aravali hills. This suite has a grand sitting area, an intimate dining space, sun deck seating on the private terrace, four fixture bathroom with a private jacuzzi, and a glamorous bedroom with a large circular bed draped with full length gold hued curtains from floor to ceiling.
From casual, all-day dining to formal, fine dining, guests can look forward to a wide array of delectable culinary delights and refreshing beverages. At the Rambagh Palace, we offer a distinctive dining experience, one that explores the nuances of the finest Indian and international cuisines, serving a mouth watering medley of traditional and contemporary favourites with folk entertainment at the Rambagh lawns.
The original renaissance style banquet hall is now the fine dining room at Rambagh Palace, offering a selection of food from the royal kitchens of India. At Suvarna Mahal – our grand dining hall – culinary masters have carefully studied the cuisines of the royal houses of India, to bring you an exotic array of dishes – accompanied by the lilting melody of classical music, and vintage wines from our cellars. High ceilings, gilded mirrors and Florentine frescoes provide the perfect ambience for an evening of fine dining.
The Rajput Room is our informal all-day dining restaurant overlooking the front lawns. Its refreshing indoor-outdoor ambience makes it an ideal venue for breakfast and light meals – complemented by a fine selection of signature French press coffees, and freshly infused teas.
Verandah, an alfresco dining option provides panoramic views of the gardens and fountains. Guests can savor the privileges of royalty, the traditional afternoon tea with champagne, pre-dinner cocktails, light meals throughout the day or simply sit back and read their favorite book.
The glamour of the princely equestrian sport is masterfully captured in every little detail at the legendary Polo Bar. Adorned with trophies and polo memorabilia, the bar serves up signature cocktails inspired by the royal sport. Guests can take their pick from a fine selection of single malts, wines, liqueurs, and Cuban cigars. The bar has a relaxed charm that invites you to enjoy the evening at a leisurely pace
Steam, the beautifully restored Bagnall U.K., 1915 narrow gauge steam engine – BK 4, is India’s most unique lounge-bar on wheels serving Mediterranean cuisine.
The palace also offers options of various “Unique Dining Options” such as Gazebo Dinner, Hawa Mahal Dinner under a marquee in the Palace Garden, Baradari Dinner.
Several sporting facilities, tented spa, yoga classes from internationally reputed yoga teachers, relaxation and pampering of your body, mind and soul are amongst the various recreational facilities available at Rambagh Palace.Facilities and activities include fully equipped, cardio-vascular and weight training gymnasiums, temperature-controlled outdoor pool, heritage indoor swimming pool, croquet, table tennis and more.
Jiva Grande Spa
The Spa at Rambagh Palace, Jaipur, recreates the grandeur synonymous with royal India at a spa reminiscent of India’s beautiful Rajput palaces, water gardens, and fabled regal lifestyle.
Two luxurious couple spa tents and a Single spa tent, embellished with wooden floors, glowing chandeliers and regal Indian love swings, exude the magic of an exotic era and invite guests to savor an exclusive spa experience.
The spacious spa tents are stylish and luxurious sanctuaries. The suites have attached showers and copper soak tubs and change area that offer complete privacy. The lounge areas within the tents have air-conditioning options that are adjusted as per the guest’s preference. After the treatments, guests can relax in the charming outdoor relaxation area.
Blending ancient Indian wisdom with contemporary therapies, Jiva Grande Spa offers the best in Indian rejuvenation therapies ranging from Indian aromatherapy massages, time-honored Indian treatments, body scrubs and wraps. Signature Spa experiences bring guests the essence of traditional royal wellness and therapeutic experiences.
Among the signature treatments offered is Chandana, a soothing after sun treatment that leaves the skin refreshed and nurtured. Chandana involves the application of chandana (sandalwood) paste and aloe vera that are deeply valued in the tropics for their cooling and nourishing attributes. After the paste is gently applied, the body is wrapped in soft organic linen to enhance its absorption and the rejuvenating experience.
The hotel also offers butler service, a business centre, 24-hour in-room dining, car rental, shopping arcade, meeting space and more.
The Palace offers various thematic welcome and dining options to choose from. Don’t miss the “Renewal of Vows” and “Activities with Elephants” in the Palace Gardens.
Neighborhood: Adjoining Rambagh Golf Course Nearest Airport: Sanganeer (JAI) 7 mi/11 km
LeisureVoyage is a joint venture of miniServe and OneVoyage. Through our unique industry relationships, we are able to create a luxury hotel portfolio that encompasses hotels from both Virtuoso and Signature Travel Network, two leading luxury travel consortiums in the world.
101 Cooper Street 263 | Santa Cruz, CA
Mon - Sat 9.00 - 17.00 Sunday CLOSED
Your security matters the most to us, so we take extraordinary measures to protect your information. Unlike many other agencies, sensitive information from you is encrypted from the start. LeisureVoyage is PCI-DSS compliant with regular website vulnerability scans by trusted 3rd party.